All those months of effort, hundreds of hours of development, pseudo-literal of blood, sweat, tears and caffeine have paid off. Is it a bird, is it a plane? No!
Hold on to your hats, ladies and gentlemen: It’s the new Action Form 3.8 release hurtling down towards your account at the speed of fibre optic light! Its time for you to prepare your DNN portal for a super charged faster than a speeding rabbit release that will surely please you.
Under normal circumstances I’d hit you with a couple of paragraphs of behind-the-scenes, blood-sweat-tears-and-coffee text, to get you pumped. Not today. Today I only talk about what’s new in Action Form 3.8. Enjoy.
What's New Under the Hood
This major release includes new features and dozens updates and fixes. Let’s cut to the chase and take a look closer at what is shipped with Action Form 3.8:
- Moved the project from DesktopModules/AvatarSoft/ActionForm to DesktopModules/DnnSharp/ActionForm
- Refactored the report table; the avtActionForm_Reports.FormData column has been replaced with the avtActionForm_ReportFields table
- Increased minimum requirements to .NET 4.0+ (some add-ons might have to be updated as well)
- Increased minimum requirements to DNN 6+
- Implemented CKEditor support
- Extended the Link to functionality of multiple choice fields to work with SQL
- Extended the Link to functionality of multiple choice fields to work with multiple fields
- Implemented the ability to save data from a multi step form into a single report
- Implemented the ability to link a Multiple Choices Field with more than one Multiple Choices Field on a level
- Implemented the ability to multiple file upload
- Implemented Google reCaptcha support
- Added actions to load an entry by ID or by User ID
- Added actions to Authorize/unauthorize user
- Implemented the ability to limit characters in text box
- Implemented the ability to get tab refreshed when redirected to it
- Implemented the ability to support a Portal Id parameter for Load User and Update User
- Implemented the ability to attach document to email without saving the document
- Implemented the ability to attach more files to an email via token
- Implemented the ability to preview uploaded file on Single File Upload and display progress bar
- Implemented the ability to remove the uploaded file on Single File Upload
- Exposed FileId, FolderId, FolderPath tokens for Single File Upload and Multi File Upload
- Implemented the ability for large forms in popup to scroll
- Implemented the ability in redirect to URL, to use correct token context when tokenizing URL or query string
- Implemented the ability to expose boolean tokens for each option in the multiple choice with checkboxes
- Implemented the ability to send emails based on DNN templates
- Implemented the ability to open in a new window when redirect to URL
- Implemented the ability to keep the Line Breaks inserted in a Large Text Field when it is used as form token
- Implemented the ability to load on page uploaded images/files by query string
- Implemented the ability to allow HTML in Show Tooltips Pop-up displayed when hover over Field's Title
- Implemented the ability to allow validation of long-form domain names in email field
- Implemented the ability to allow field title to accept HTML input
- Implemented the ability for redirect actions to support open in new window
- Added "open in new tab" option on redirect to URL action
- Added an option to display the return of Multiple Choices with Checkboxes as a list, not like a Json Object
- Changed the validation message when user logs in with incorrect credentials
- Fixed cloning buttons with actions that lose the actions of the original buttons
- Fixed the bug with ampersands that were to correctly displayed in help texts
- Fixed the bug when loading data between pages does not work when upgrading
- Fixed the bug with pop up background color ignored if 2 form modules are on same page
- And many more
The Reviews Are In and They Are Very, Very Good
Well, the reviews for Action Form on DNN Store are rolling in! In fact, in the last months we have received a lot of 5 star reviews. Having users who are so happy with the product and willing to share their positive experiences with the world is exciting and humbling. Here are some of our recent favorites:
Action Form is a superb module. It allows you so much customization options with a clean easy to understand UI. Additionally they have pre-built templates for all your usually forms such as: contact/login and even a complete employment application form. For anyone looking for a powerful and easy to use forms module this is the way to go. Alex P.
I love it. It provides very flexible configuration options. Endless features when it comes to the functionality. Maciek W.
Action Form is a great and flexible module to create solid forms. I build a small CRM with this module so the possibilities are great. Big support! Hans L.
What are you waiting for? Go ahead, download trial and take it for a spin! We know you’ll be delighted.
We would like to give a big shout out to our friends Dieter, Jerry, Tycho, Wes, Larry, Richard for going the extra mile to help us make Action Form better. Guys, thank you!
Oh and don’t forget to tell us what you think – if you have any ideas that you think could be incorporated into a future release we’d love to hear your thoughts.
Your feedback made Action Form what it is today. It will define what Action Form will become in the coming years, so don’t spare the feedback button. Bugs, feature suggestions; or a simple “It’s great!”; whatever your thoughts are, let us know!
That’s all the news we have for now, but we have a lot more planned! Keep an eye out in the coming months as we build upon Action Form and make it even better.
In the meantime, if there’s a particular feature or update you’d like to see, submit an idea on our forum.
As always, there’s never a dull moment in the land of Action Form development. The team is hard at work on implementing new features and making modifications that make the experience of using it better for everyone involved.
We're really proud of what we've built here, and we hope you'll love it too. Try out the new Action Form and let us know what you think.
Good luck and have fun creating your forms!